Eco-Smarts, Energy Efficiency and Peace of Mind
Calvosa homes offer superior products, better insulation, low-E windows, energy efficient appliances, and high-quality heating and cooling systems.
Calvosa Homes Feature:
- 59 HERS rating
- Fiberglass or Wood Front Door Systems (Durable & energy-efficient)
- Insulated Garage Doors (Superior thermal performance & great curb appeal)
- Fiber Cement Siding (Rot-resistant, insect-resistant, fire-resistant, storm-resistant)
- High Performance Low-E Insulated Glass Windows and Sliding Glass Doors(Reflect heat in the summer and help keep heat inside in the winter)
- Enhanced Fiberglass Insulation: R-49 in Ceiling, R-38 in Floor and R-22 in Walls(Proven performance and a great value)
- Zoned Air Conditioning and Heating(Gives more control over temperatures throughout home)
- Duct Sealing & Air Sealing Packages(Reduce internal air loss & external air filtration)
- Smart Energy Testing(3rd party evaluation of energy efficiency)
- Solar Ready Package (Includes photovoltaic components, site evaluation, design revisions to roof, vents, chimney, electrical system, utilities)
What is a HERS rating and why does it matter?
The Home Energy Rating System (HERS) is the nationally recognized system for inspecting and calculating a home’s energy performance. HERS identifies the rated home’s energy performance compared to a home built only to code requirements. A standard, code-built home has an index of 100. Each point below 100 represents a 1% improvement in overall energy performance.
For example, a home with a HERS index of 70 is 30% more efficient than a standard, code-built home. With an average HERS score of 59, Calvosa homes perform around 40% better than a standard new home! And that translates into serious savings when it comes to your utility bills!